Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pet Peeves~~~ Being Used!

How many of you out there have a younger sibling,cousin, niece or nephew
that drives you crazy?! If you don’t... Lucky you! Before my little sister was born,
I used to babysit, a lot. I would go to the same old ladies house and babysit
her 3 year old. For one thing I felt like I was being used as a substitute parent,
while the other parent went out to play! She kept tellingme she was going to a
meeting (but I knew she wasn’t dressed for a meeting.)  Her son’s name was
Bentley. When I first started baby sitting him, he was fine, but when Friday, Saturday,
and sometimes Sunday, came and he couldn’t see his mother, he had fits, tantrums,
and he disagreed on everything I asked him to do. I had no problem with him under
control before those days, but when he stopped seeing her on a daily, he got worst.
The less he saw her, the more he took it out on me. He started throwing things,
hitting me, coloring on the walls, meanwhile I'm 10 and I don't know what to do but
call the mom. She never answered. When she came home, I asked her why she
didn't pick up, she hesitated and just said, “I had to turn my phone off during the
meeting.” One night, when Bentley and I were having a good day, so far, he started
to ask questions. Like, "Where does Mommy always go?!,or "When is she going to
stop leaving me, with you?" That's when I started to answer those question, and he
threw more tantrums. I’m guessing he didn't like my answers. And I just continued to
watch T.V because that is when his usual temper tantrums start. He started to jump
on the couch, not noticing, he jumped on my hand.I thought it was fine, but when we
went to the hospital, the doctor told me I had broke it, and my mother had wondered
why. That's when I told her about how bad Bentley gets when he doesn't get his way,
she went to the lady's house with me and waited until she came home. When she
came home, she came home with a man, an odd looking man, hoping that
Bentley was asleep... He wasn't. Turns out she has been going out of state to go
clubbing because she was banned from most of the ones in our state.

No comments:

Post a Comment