Thursday, February 3, 2011

Above The Influence....

live above the influence

         You know the old saying 'every ones doing it?' Well be above the influence! Be yourself... No one knows what you like to do but you. No one can tell you what to do, but you. You might as well do what you have to do and not worry about anyone else's problems, but yours.
         Every one always has a thought about fitting in at one point in their life, as a pre- teen, my friends and I are at that point in life. Maybe in a couple of years we'll get over that stage that we are in in our life right now. Yeah I'll be honest, I've thought of the fact about me and my friends at a party, (yeah no lie) drinking and having a good time, but we are only thinking we are having a good time, on the inside, we all know that we feel bad because we have betrayed all of the people who have told us "Promise me you'll never drink when you are older" and "You know where it got your mother and I, you don't want to grow up and be an alcoholic". When I have those thoughts I feel like I've let those people down, by dreaming of disobeying their orders.
         "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."-Napoleon Bonaparte. When I first read this quote, I thought it meant that while someone is pressuring you, while they're doing it, I would just leave them be because if they think its cool, that's great, are they going to turn out like you, if you don't join them, when they grow up? Probably not. Most likely not. So live above the influence, don't live off the saying, 'every body is doing it'.

No comments:

Post a Comment